Thirteen things hanging from my walls (and ceiling, in the case of #12)
1. A mask that I bought in Swaziland last century (mid 1999). I almost didn't get it into the country (Australia has super-strict quarantine laws). This is hanging in my lounge room.
2. A painting done by my sister
. This is actually one in a series of three. It's pretty small - postcard size - and hangs with the other two near the front door.
3. A mirror I bought from a second hand junk sale at university a few years ago. I'm impressed that this shot didn't have glare from the flash in it. I'm not impressed that the reflection is of the ugly air conditioner on the other side of the lounge room.
4. A cork/tile thing that a friend brought back from Portugal for me. I'm not too sure what it's for, but it hangs in my kitchen.
5. A photo hanging in the bathroom. Apologies for the flash in the middle (or could it be a ghost....?). This was taken in Mossman, far north Queensland. I went to Cairns to see a Jack Johnson, Xavier Rudd concert and detoured with a few friends to this gorgeous part of Mossman River. The water was icy cold, but it was the middle of the hot summer - lovely.
6. A calendar full of recipes of Mexican food. This month is Fruit Filled Chimichangas. Do you think I've made any of these recipes?? (The answer is no).
7. My artwork (ahem...). This is hanging in the bathroom. I have recently changed the colours in there from orange (ahem, again) to purples and whites. Which is why the turtle I bought for Luca (see earlier post) is white - I couldn't have a blue or red turtle ruining the colour coordination!!
8. Another photo of a photo (and another apology about the flash). This is Hinchinbrook Island - very close to the mainland, but very secluded because there is only one resort on the island and the rest is national park. It is crazily expensive to get there. But stunning. Many people go there to walk the Thorsburn Trail - it takes 3-5 days and is fantastic, I hear. Apart from the rats that will eat your food if you don't string it off the ground at night!
9. My nieces and nephew. In the spare bedroom. Such gorgeous pictures (such gorgeous kids). And look, no flash glare!!
10. My hairdryer. Well, it IS hanging on the wall. In the bathroom. Actually close to the sink. Very close to the sink. Maybe I should read that warning tag.
11. My artwork. Again. I wonder if this would be worth anything after I'm gone. Nah, I don't think so either. This is actually not quite so blue. It's hanging in the spare room and is part of the purple theme I've got going in there. Not that I like purple or anything.
12. A mobile I made. It also hangs in the spare room. My friend saw this and liked it so I made her a similar one for the new baby. Apparently he likes it, too.
13. Yes, the spare room again. And a clock I bought for 99c off eBay. Postage cost me $4!! I haven't changed the battery in a while so it's been 11:45 for a week or two now.