26 June, 2006

We also went to the beach


And the girls had a great time collecting shells, while Luca had fun throwing the shells in the water - and getting drenched in the process. This may be the tropics, but it's not that warm in the water.

We've also been to the waterpark on The Strand a couple of times, had a bbq, went to a free open air movie last night - some Looney Tunes thing, complete with Bugs Bunny, Tweety, Sylvester and Tas walking through the crowd.

The family are on Magnetic Island today while I stay here and catch up on boring stuff - paying bills, fixing my bike (never cycle with a flat tyre..!!) and backing up everything on my computer. Had a major scare last night as everything shut down and no hard drive could be detected. A call to the Dell tech support solved all my problems, and I am now almost a computer geek myself. Well, I have the direct phone number for support in case something else goes wrong. But everyone, pay attention! BACK UP YOUR STUFF NOW!!!!! I was heartbreakingly close to losing the 200-odd pictures and hours (okay, minutes) of video I've recorded of the kids!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, glad you recovered from that near miss!

12:57 pm  
Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

Very good advice. In fact I backed up my hard disc last week. Snap!

Your holidays sound wonderful :)

11:39 am  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I had so many scares when I first bought my computer that I learned to back up everything right then. Nothing wrong with my pc...it was just me who didn't know anything about the pc and how it worked.

My son was my 24/7 tech guy for my first year and I felt so sorry for him that I started calling the 24 hour tech line instead. I don't know how I can ever repay my poor son.

It sounds like you are all having the time of your lives and enjoying things. I really do miss the beach and picking up seashells.

Hope that it was only a little glitch and that nothing is seriously wrong with your computer.

12:01 pm  
Blogger doubleknot said...

I back up my email addresses and pictures, and documents about once a month - my computer is so old it could take a dive at any time. When I back up my email it backsup the whole thing - folders, etc.
I wanted to let you know how nice the pictures are in your last post. That is a beautiful tree. The people just seem to be walking into the mist.

5:10 pm  
Blogger Kerri said...

Oh I know the feeling...thinking you may have lost all those pictures, etc. It's very scary. I backed up everything for a while before I got the new computer. Haven't done it lately but I must! Thanks for the reminder.
That beach looks so beautiful. Kids, sand, salt water, waves, seashells....what a wonderful combination. Brings back lovely memories. Did you find any soldier crabs? Kids love those too. I love this picture with the girls enjoying themselves.

10:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home