12 June, 2006

weekend project

I say that this project took a weekend, but really - I bought this coffee table from a garage sale ($5) about two months ago! I didn't take a "before" picture (imagine a two year old went to town with purple paint and something else (!!) under those tiles), so here are the "in-between" and "after" shots. With Hello being what it is, the pictures loaded up in reverse order (no, it was NOT my fault...!!). I sanded, repainted, varnished, and finally finished tiling it today. And now I don't much like the colours....


7 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

So when are you going to start your new career - furniture restoration? Your table looks fantastic. You really have talent - first it was patchwork quilts and now it's patchwork coffee tables.

I really like it. Very clever, darling.

8:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a great patchwork table ... how can you say that you don't much like it! Send it over here ...

8:26 pm  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

You are so creative Tanya...that table is lovely. And I agree with what your mum said above.

9:24 pm  
Blogger WendyAs said...

That is very clever. I did a tile table like that years ago. It was lots of fun. The colours went out of style and I got rid of it. Darn. I think it might be back in fashion now.

8:19 pm  
Blogger Kerri said...

I love these colors you've put together! What a great job you've done! You should be very pleased with it. So stop second guessing yourself and just enjoy your creation!! Clever girl!

4:49 am  
Blogger doubleknot said...

Nice table. At least with the different colored tiles the table should match any color plan.

9:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive! I love tile projects

2:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home