03 June, 2006

My finds

So, as I said earlier, I was going to go garage saleing. After two houses, barely any petrol in the car and likewise money in the purse, I wondered what I was doing and decided I'd had enough. So I headed back home, via one last house and found this. A chest and a bookcase for the ridiculous price of $35 for the pair of them. They even delivered them to my house when I realised that I couldn't fit either of them in my tiny car. I've now had to rearrange the living room so that I can fit everything in and it's still a pretty tight squeeze. Pretty soon I'm going to have to have a garage sale of my own.


And the other day I went shopping and found these. Not nearly as fancy as Mar's new shoes, but I've already worn them all around (and outside of) town in the week that I've had them. Every girl needs a pair of red shoes, says me.

They're only cheap and will probably wear out/fall apart fairly soon-ish, but I'll get a lot of wear out of them until that happens, I think.



7 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Certainly some great buys this week. I love the shoes. I had a pair of red shoes once, or twice.

The chest will look good filled with quilts and I'm sure it won't take too long to fill the shelves with books or just things.

Great shopping all round.

11:54 am  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

WOW, you did score big with that chest and bookcase...That was really a great deal. I don't have a pair of red shoes, but since they look so good on your feet, I just might get me a pair...to wear with my new red motorcycle.
(It's not really new, I'm just turning it into a trike next week and it will be new to me).

3:17 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

Great buys! I need a bookcase myself...Hey, and great red shoes! love them, they look very comfortable, that's the kind I wear every day :)

5:55 pm  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Love red shoes!

8:57 pm  
Blogger G.C. PHILO said...

You sound like this one aunt I have... She can't go by a garage sale or antiques shop without buying something!

9:57 pm  
Blogger maria said...

Fantastic finds,congratulations.

Marie

4:45 am  
Blogger Kerri said...

you did good girl! Love the shoes. I've never owned a red pair. They look nice and comfy. Nothing like being in the right place at the right time...great luck finding the book case and chest!
My husband is after some old planers (tools) so if you find any.... :)

2:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home