07 May, 2006

And the dramas don't end yet...

Baby has overcome his traumatic birth, his blood sugar problems and his jaundice. He went home today. But has to return to hospital on Tuesday to be fitted with a brace for at least six weeks to correct hip dysplasia. His mum said she thought he may have this problem, as she had it in a milder form (it can be hereditary) and she heard/felt his hip clicking in utero. It can be corrected, and they're grateful for all they have, but no parent needs one thing after another like this. On the positive side, mum and dad have said they are doing really well so far and are enjoying their first night together as a family.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Tanys, thanks for the update on the baby and my gosh, this poor little fella has had such a hard time. I certainly hope there are no more surprises for this little family. Please tell them that we wish them well and are praying that their little son recovers nicely and without any further problems.

10:15 am  
Blogger Finn said...

Hi Tanya, just dropping by to say "hi" and see whats been happening in your corner of the world. Pretty exciting new with the new babys arrival. Do hope all will be ok with him..*VBS*

2:44 pm  
Blogger Val said...

How amazing, hearing/feeling the baby's hip clicking in utero. After all this, things are surely to seem easier by comparison.

8:40 pm  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Poor thing! Poor things! (both of them). What a struggle.

7:15 pm  
Blogger Joan said...

I came looking for your Thursday 13. I never knew a mom could feel (hear)something like this in utero. Best of wishes to the family.

btw - my 13 are posted if you have time to read.

11:29 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

Warm wishes to the new baby! I hope things go smoothly from now on...

My 13 are up if you feel like stopping by...

3:23 am  
Blogger doubleknot said...

Congrats to the new baby. Nice to bring him home. Well I guess they won't be able to use the teeny tiny baby clothes on this whopper. What a birth and I thought I had it bad with my first - huh - hope mom recovers well.

8:12 pm  
Blogger Kerri said...

So glad baby is doing better. It's too bad about the hip dysplasia. I'm thinking of trying to change diapers (nappies:) with that brace. I've heard it's a pain in the neck! I hope things go well for them.

12:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home