25 April, 2006

In honour of Anzac Day...

...I baked some Anzac biscuits. This first lot are the sugar-free variety. Yes, I know that you can't make Anzac biscuits without sugar. I had a friend helping me. She was meant to mix the dry ingredients. She forgot the sugar. It's all her fault. (She is pregnant and her due date is today, so I suppose I can forgive her for having other things on her mind...)

This is the second batch. These have sugar in them. They're soft and sweet and taste just as they should. And they look as they should as well, not like the crumbly rocks above.

I celebrated Anzac Day (can you actually celebrate Anzac Day?) by going for a long run in the morning. I would have gone to a dawn service, but it was - you know - AT DAWN. My run started at about 7:00 am. Dawn was around 5:00 am. That's two sleeping hours there. I did watch some of the parades on TV. And I made said biscuits. So I feel I have marked the occasion well enough. For a person who couldn't get their lazy ass out of bed to go to the dawn service.

6 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Don't eat all the bikkies - I'll be there as soon as the kettle boils. Well done.

10:03 pm  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Never heard of Anzac Day, but I will google it later and those cookies look great...I mean Ansac biscuits.
How come you didn't list the recipe? Is it complicated? They look like oatmeal cookies.

1:14 am  
Blogger ... Paige said...

I had to google Anzac Day. So do yall get the day off from work & school, like we do for Memorial Day?

1:15 am  
Blogger Val said...

Oh yes, we can buy Anzac biscuits in UK supermarkets all year round, with some of proceeds going to the Red Cross in Oz and NZ. Very nice!

2:40 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

yummy.....we are baking 'honey joys' today!!!

11:11 am  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Those look delicious. Soft and chewy. I am going to give them a go with the little ones.

8:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home