19 April, 2006

Thirteen places I really want to visit one day:
  1. India and Sri Lanka. And do (among other things) a tiger safari from the back of an elephant.
  2. The Kokoda Track. Have heard many stories, now need to experience it for myself.
  3. Antarctica. In the summer. Sunshine all day and all night.
  4. Sicily. I went to Italy, but never went further south than Naples. And I wish I had.
  5. South America. Overland from top to bottom. Or bottom to top. I'm not fussy.
  6. The Marquesa Islands. I know very little about them. But I hear they are gorgeous.
  7. West Africa. When it's safe. And when I learn French. Maybe I'll go before either of those happen.
  8. The Galapagos Islands. Have always been fascinated by the marine iguanas. And all the other life that abounds there.
  9. Prague. Was so close and yet, so far. I never made it there and wish I had. There are SO many things I'd love to see.
  10. Paris. For reasons, see number 9.
  11. Gallipoli (in Turkey). But not on Anzac Day. Some time when it's quieter and the Aussie tourist hype is not quite as great.
  12. China. Would like to walk the Great Wall from one end to the other.
  13. Lake Eyre, South Australia. A huge salt lake (when there is water in it). The bird life is (apparently) amazing.

There are many more. But I'm at 13 already.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I am using auto-link to link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! Most especially comments. I LOVE comments.
I have a new rule - if you don't want to leave a comment, that is perfectly ok. I still love the comments, but you don't have to leave one. But then, I just won't leave one on yours. And I am so witty and full of wisdom (some may perceive that wisdom as crap) that missing out on a comment from me would really be your loss. Such a huge loss...





32 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Interesting about the Kokoda Track. (John T. is going to do that walk in June - I was over there the other night and saw a book about it on the bench. I asked "When are you going to do the walk?" Chris said, "When he finishes reading the book!")

I think you need a job as a roving reporter to see all those places. What do you think - 60 Minutes, Getaway or the Great Outdoors?

BTW, should I add that blurb about TT to the bottom of my TT?

7:48 am  
Blogger ... Paige said...

I believe you will need some one to take pictures, right? I'm your girl. Hey I could write some poetry for ya too. Yeah thats it I make up little sonnets to keep you happy as we go to all these places. Yeah I'm going too!

8:20 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's some list! I've never even heard of a few of those places.

6:20 pm  
Blogger Louise said...

So many places that I could add to this list.

I've found a couple of places that I love (like Barbados) that I could just visit over and over again, but refuse to because there is so much to see in this amazing world of ours.

Hope you get to them all.

6:25 pm  
Blogger Norma said...

You must really love to travel. I like it after I get there, and seeing the sights, but I hate the planning and flying and the red tape.

7:53 pm  
Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

Places I would LOVE to travel w/o kids, or at least visit once the kdis are older. ;)

8:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i keep forgetting where you live cuz you think of places i would never think of. i haven't been to any of those and would actually like to try most of them.

10:04 pm  
Blogger Just Me said...

I envy thouse who dream of travelling. I never do because it invariably involves flying and I can't stand flying!

My TT is up
Elle xx

10:11 pm  
Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

I've also always wanted to go to Sicily. Maybe we'll run into each other on the street there someday.

Thanks for stopping by my TT. Happy Thursday!

11:01 pm  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

I would love to go all of those places. My TT is up now too!

11:05 pm  
Blogger Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

It would be wonderful to visit those places, I especially would love to see Australia :)

11:09 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great list!

11:12 pm  
Blogger Kelly said...

Prague would be great. I have been to Italy, never to Sicily though.

Great travel list!

11:37 pm  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I love to walk the Great Wall as well!

Btw, this list is making me want to visit Aruba again...it was so beautiful!!!

11:42 pm  
Blogger Master Enigma said...

Anarctica would be very nice to visit.

The Galapagos islands is somewhere I have always wanted to visit as well.

My own 13 is up and is amazed at the cool places to visit on this earth over at http://akaenigma.blogspot.com/

1:12 am  
Blogger Carmen said...

We should get together and be travel buddies.

See why
http://carmenhasgonetoplaid.blogspot.com/

1:27 am  
Blogger Jen said...

You'd better get packing, that's a lot of places to see! It sounds like fun :-)

Thanks for stopping by!

2:19 am  
Blogger lisa said...

Great list!

I hope you get to accomplish it someday.
Thanks for stopping by

2:39 am  
Blogger Sherri said...

There are lots of places I want to visit someday as well...and Italy (Sicily) would be on my my list too!

..my list is up:)

2:55 am  
Blogger Sonya said...

Can I come with you? LOL!

3:25 am  
Blogger amy karp | PHOTOGRAPHY said...

I am getting my bags packed right now....


Mine are up…..Go check out my T13

4:40 am  
Blogger Write From Karen said...

I would love to go to China. I love everything Asian!

Happy TT! Mine are up.
http://take2max.com/blog/?p=535

4:47 am  
Blogger Melli said...

I could handle going to ANY of those 13 places -- I do especially think it would be neat to visit Antarctica in summer! (though I'm not sure why ... because I couldn't stay away all night - even if it IS daylight!) LOL! Great list!

Mine's up!

5:11 am  
Blogger Frances D said...

My friend did Galapagos about 15 years back. She said the wildlife is amazing.
I'd love to see Ireland, Israel and London.
Happy Trails & see you next week,
Frances

5:19 am  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Great list! Just amazing!
I will love your visiting here in Brazil, São Paulo, Enseada Azul, where I live in. You are very welcome!

5:39 am  
Blogger Moogie said...

Great list! I would like to go on a Safari one day in Africa, and I'd like to visit New Zealand and Australia, to name a few! My TT is up!

5:58 am  
Blogger Kelly said...

I would love to go to the Galapagos!

7:01 am  
Blogger Amanda said...

A great list - I love traveling!

My 13 are up.

7:55 am  
Blogger Jane said...

That list will keep you busy for a long time. Hope you get to travel to every one of them.
My list is up too!

10:39 am  
Blogger Laura said...

too many places to see but at least you have a list to start with! a great one too. my TT is up

3:39 pm  
Blogger Red Queen said...

Tanya, I love to travel also. The world is so wonderful and it never fails that you realize how small it is when you get out in it. I managed at TT and think I will keep it up. Be blessed.

11:14 am  
Blogger Diana61 said...

I would love to travel more than I do.

7:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home