01 April, 2006

A random bunch of stuff

Okay, this is the post where I ramble. So be warned and leave now (having said that, please excuse me if the post is seven lines long).

Big news first - I got 50 comments on my Thursday Thirteen. I am fast becoming a blog-whore (is that what they call them?) - and sorta proud of it too. Am especially happy with all the people who said the quilts were gorgeous, and the flower too. For those who wondered about getting new TT banners - I probably do it the long way, but here's what I do. I copy a photo and paste it into Microsoft PowerPoint. I then resize it so it takes up the space of the whole slide. Then I go to WordArt (for me, that's the blue A on and angle on the bottom tool bar) and choose the text I want to scrawl on the picture. Once you've written what you want and it appears on the slide, you can resize it and move it wherever you want. Once I'm happy, I right-click on the slide and go to "save as picture". Then I post in on the blog. I was stunned when I first did it and it actually worked.

Other news - and still on Thursday Thirteens - my mum just posted one. Yes, I know it's Saturday, but it's a great list, because it's about ME so go visit and comment and tell her how accurate she is (even if you don't know any better).

On Monday I got sick of my mobile selectively ringing (I think it has a mind of it's own and it screens the calls and then chooses what to let through), so I went to the phone shop and got a new phone for free. Well, I'm on the same ancient plan I've always been on. Which actually doens't exist anymore, but since I've been a loyal customer (not sure how you can be disloyal when you're under contract) for three years, they were really nice to me. And my phone does this:

This is the path I take sometimes when walking home. To the left is the creek and those trees are mangroves and those mangroves house lots of sandflies, so the scene is a little deceiving. I've only just worked out how to upload pictures from the phone onto the computer. And when I did, I realised that it takes pretty shitty pictures... but it does ring when people call, which is actually why I got it. And it has a flip top so is really compact and will be easy to lose. Good one, Tanya.

Okay, now the ramble has come to an end. Told you it would be pretty short. Am off garage-saleing. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I was about to tell you that this picture was the best picture I have ever seen from a picture phone, until you said it took pretty sh---y pictures...so, I am assuming that this picture was taken with your camera.

I have noticed that sometimes calls don't get thru on my cell phone sending the caller to my message service, when I have my phone on and clearly have a signal. Luckily a beep alerts me of their message and I call them right back.

I too am operating on a plan that no longer exists but hey, it's clearly a better plan, and I'm not under contract anymore...YEAH, an oversight of theirs.

I have a good phone and a good plan, but when the phone messes up and I have to get another one, I'll have to sign another contract...but until then..."se la vi"
(I don't know what that means, but it sounded good).

Great about your 50 comments...I'm just happy when (1) person notices what I've had to say. I'd probably have a heart attack if I got that many.

I went over to your mom's blog earlier today and told her how wonderful you were and what a great post she had written in your honour...I also told her that you were a good friend of mine :)

I have PowerPoint but have NO idea how to use it. Have a nice day.

9:45 am  
Blogger doubleknot said...

Happy 13 - so many comments - I don't know if I could handle that many.

My room mate and I are a very few of the people who do not have cell phones. We just haven't seen the need. We do have an answering machine but that and the phone is pretty much it. Guess we are just old fashioned.

10:10 am  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Hey babe ( or should I call you comment whore?....maybe not!) Wanted to remind you of blog olympic training camp tonight at Killired's . It starts at 10 tonight EST but you have 24 hours to post your results. Tonight's game will intrique you. See you there? I'm headed over to your mom's to see what you are really like?....hmmm, be scared!

9:33 am  
Blogger Val said...

Well, I too am impressed by the so-called s----y photo taken with your new phone. And that's coming from someone else who has yet to own a mobile phone.

Love mangroves, especially when there are boardwalks going through them, such as up at Cape Tribulation. Yeah, I know, your photo shows a bit more urban type mangrove, but I was reminded of that wonderful walk.

And I can't wait to try out your powerpoint tip. I'm a great fan of powerpoint, and am looking forward to the day when I have enough time to play around with it more. I'm copying your instructions for use sometime in the future. Thanks!

11:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home