20 March, 2006

More on Larry

Well, I slept like crap, so now feel like crap. Kept getting up every few hours to make sure the ocean wasn't in my living room (I'm one of the suckers in a low-set house in a low-lying area). The ocean was still close to where it should be.

It's now the morning. The cyclone, now a Category 5 is set to cross between Innisfail and Mission Beach in an hour or so.

Threat map from last night

Threat map image from this morning

Have told a work colleague "fuck going to work" - she agreed. I'd be safe here, and safe there, but not safe between to two. And my poor car - couldn't lend that to Larry (I bet he's a terrible driver). Plus - how productive would I be there, when I'm imagining a coral reef establishing itself in my bathroom?

Am trying to post a few pictures. I have a feeling the more spectacular (??!) ones will be taken soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy K said...

Looks like it has made landfall. Hope you are doing ok. (And still have electric so you can read this.)

Good luck from someone who lives in a hurricane alley north of the equator. We'll be seeing them a few months from now, I expect.

8:14 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a nice site, came apon it by accident. Well Tanya its almost 2 yrs since Larry came ashore how are things now?
Weather has been awful this wet seasonbut as you know we are a tough lot and "get over it".
Jan, Townsville

2:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home