18 March, 2006

Cyclone Larry

Yup, we've just been issued a cyclone "watch". Even if Larry, as he has been called, changes direction, we'll have lots of rain, glorious rain.

Can you tell I'm not overly concerned?

Update at 9pm Saturday: We've just moved from a "watch" to a "warning". And the area has been extended. I think the Bureau of Meteorology are just hedging their bets... The storm is supposed to cross land on Monday between Cairns and Townsville. Don't worry, I'll not go on about this much more. But if you're concerned for my wellbeing, or just curious, the Bureau website has all the latest - www.bom.gov.au - click on Queensland, then click on the links under Warnings for Queensland.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I certainly hope you and all others are safe and well.

5:00 am  
Blogger Val said...

Just read about Larry this morning in the Age, thought of you and some other bloggers who live up there. Batten down the hatches! I will follow the link to the BOM though.

12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home