03 March, 2006

The new boots

I have a pair of black boots. I bought them last year. I love them and wear them all the time (on the rare occasion that the temperature is below 30 degrees celsius). Yesterday I was shopping and saw similar boots - in brown. This is important depending on other accessories such as belts etc. The boots were $140 - reduced to $50. However, they didn't have any in my size (7) and the size 8 is really big and I'd have to wear thick socks (in the tropics) with them. I mentioned them to a friend at work and she brought up the necessity of boots and belts matching. I then mentioned them to another friend last night. When I told her the price, her words were (virtually verbatim): "Who cares if you like them? Who cares if they look similar to something you already have? Who cares if they will match a belt. Who cares if they don't fit? They're $90 off , which is way less than half price, so just BUY THEM." So I did. The new ones are on the right. I am happy.

Oh, and here's a link to make you smile - made me laugh. A lot. "Mom, what's sticking out of that lady's butt?" Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

Nice booties! I would completely forget about essentials such as size for the right set of boots as well. It is soooo hard to find ones that haven't got to high a heel, yet I do not want flats. I bought my first pair of kneehigh boots last year (I have wanted a pair ever since I was a teenager!) and I hardly ever wear them because the heel is too low too look good with a skirt. So the perfect pair of kneehigh boots is my mission this winter!

6:46 am  
Blogger Alice said...

You WHAT??????

7:15 am  
Blogger Tanya said...

libragirl - thank you. I feel even more justified now. I've just got to wait for either rain or a drop in outside temperature, and I can show them off all over hicksville (I mean Townsville).

8:37 am  
Blogger WendyAs said...

If you like them...buy them. Life is simply too short for practicality. Loved the link to This Moms Blog. Funny

8:57 pm  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Buy the boots...you only live ONCE, so you might as well make the best of it the first and last time around.

I could have swore that I already left you a comment...but maybe I just got side-tracked by the Mom, what's sticking out of that lady's butt? That was really funny. Thanks, there's nothing like a good laugh.

6:09 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

Well you know who does sqish better into a size 8 than you!! so if they are really no good...just send them down south and i will get lots of wear out of them!!

4:58 pm  
Blogger Kerri said...

Those boots are made for walking....around Hicksville, ah, Townsville. You'll be looking very stylish. Bargains are for buying!! You could get a lot of wear out of them in our climate :)

1:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home