17 February, 2006

The last frog-type entry for a while...

....I hope. This was emailed to me today by my boss-!! Constructive use of government employee's time, I know. But funny....


I have to say that the Thursday Thirteen yesterday was so much fun. Mum, you should do it too - once you get the hang of it. It's such a great way to visit great blogs that I would never have otherwise known about. Highly recommended. Though I haven't answered all the questions I was asked, so here are a few answers.

1. How slow was the turtle going? Very slow - we didn't stop the car to see. We kinda swerved. but the turtle was stretching his neck out as far as it would go - so if we hit it, his body would have been a mess (maybe... under that shell... maybe the car would have suffered more damage...), but his head would have been intact. And he was big too.
2. Why was the turtle crossing the road? I could answer something very philosophical here, but the boring truth is he was going from a field of grass to a pond/puddle/dam/spring/lake.... it was a body of water!! So I guess the real question should be: "Why did he go to the field in the first place??"
3. What is Lifeline? Only one of my favourite shops ever! In the UK it would be Oxfam, and in the US, well, I don't know what the equivalent is there. It's a thrift store where you give them your junk and proceeds from purchases go towards counselling and helping people in crises and such like. They sell a plastic bag full of used books for $5 so Lena you wouldn't go broke (though the books can sometimes be ratty, and don't expect anything that is on the current bestseller list). I buy books there often, rarely clothes, and lots of furniture and such which I then paint or restore some way in a - usually wasted - attempt to be crafty.
4. Lost. Not a question, but.... Is it just me, or is the entire television owning population either a Lost-Addict or a Never-Seen-It or an I've-Watched-It-A-Few-Times-But-Am-Not-Too-Fussed-On-It. Well, that really covers all bases, doesn't it? I have to say that after everyone raved about it, and when the TV network in Australia decided to repeat the entire first season, I thought I might watch it. Then I heard that it's about a plane crash and people being stranded in the TROPICS somewhere. And there is a POLAR BEAR sharing the island with them. Hello? Polar bear? Tropics? Well, if that isn't just total unbelievable bollocks, then I don't know what is, and I'm not going to bother with such unrealistic drivel. I mean, I heard somewhere that polar bears can get too hot IN CANADA. Am I being too harsh for a show I've never watched???
5. My health. Again not a questions, but thankyou to everyone for wishing me well. And I found out today what I had (well, a lady at work found out what she had and since I gave it to her, I must have had it as well). It is such a cool illness. Called labyrinthitis. What an excellent name! It's something that can be spread a heap of different ways but can be viral, and affects your middle ear so you get dizzy spells and nausea and such. I googled it. It's only fatal when in combination with other nasty ailments like a brain stem tumour or somthing. It's not really such a cool illness, because the lady I gave it to has it pretty bad. And it can last anywhere from a day (mine lasted about 4 days) to months. But I still think it's one of the best names for an illness. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Kerri said...

Your frog entries are a scream. Why stop now? Love this sign...I want one!
I'm glad you're feeling better. That certainly is a very cool name for an ailment. Imaginative!
I think Lost sounds like a program that should BE lost! The turtle, on the other hand, sounds like something to be watched! Wow! Lucky you.

2:22 pm  
Blogger Alice said...

Re your last para, you are one sick girl --- really!!!

3:06 pm  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Classic sign! I want one too. I find signs so fun to photograph.

6:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home