09 February, 2006

Let's Clean Up Australia - sort of...

Ms Robyn suggested taking pictures around our neighbourhood. And I took the pictures. I actually walked to work earlier in the week so I could take heaps of photos. I took over one hundred! And it took me more than an hour to make the half hour walk! In the heat of a tropical summer. Oh, what dedication. I'll post the pictures one day. Not all of them. This was one. It's a billboard on the way to work.

What I love about this picture (apart from the fact that cleaning up Australia is a brilliant thing to do and we should all do it on the 5th of March) is the frog on the boy's head. No, it's not a cane toad. It's (if I'm not mistaken) a green and golden bell frog. I had to study them for a short time at uni a few years ago. These guys are endangered, but they often show up in pools that have collected in construction sites. They stalled the construction of buildings and such like for the Sydney Olympics. Nobody knew what to do about them. They were obviously in the way. But they were a rare animal, so people couldn't risk moving them in case they killed them. Who'd have thought a cute little animal could cause so much trouble. In the end, I'm not sure what happened. But, as everyone knows, the Olympics went ahead. Which means the buildings got built. I guess the frog didn't seem that important after all. Posted by Picasa

photo: cas.bellarmine.edu/

4 Comments:

Blogger WendyAs said...

Cute little critter. My kids want one.

6:47 am  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

Hi Tanya, thanks for the visit to my blog - love to meet new people! can't wait to see your pictures - will have a long look at your blog too~ xoxo

7:41 pm  
Blogger kylieps said...

I love that photo too- and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your walk too. You and my mum have inspired me to take some photos of my desk, and take a walk with my camera around the neighbourhood!

4:33 am  
Blogger Kerri said...

How did you choose just ONE picture? It's neat :) Love the froggy angel.
I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Kylie's desk. Since she's moved, I don't know what her corner looks like. And I need to leave a sarcastic comment like she did about mine :)

11:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home