05 February, 2006

Blog corner

My mum posted this picture of her new blogging space. I thought she should see the mess that others have to deal with. This is where I am sitting right now. I get to look out the window at the washing hanging on the line. If I look above and to the right, I see the pictures of Michelle's kids. Behind me is a single bed with my purple quilt on it and a pile of cushions. And at the end of that is my stash box and all manner of sewing junk (which is also in the bookcase behind the computer). The table was bought for $20 from Lifeline. It came with four chairs that are SO ugly I don't know what to do with them. The yellow plate and bowls I made from papier mache. They just hold more junk. And look at all those power cords!! Don't worry - they're not all plugged in to one socket. Actually, most of them aren't plugged in to anything. I have the useless speakers that sound awful, the cable to download pics from the camera, and the rest is the mouse cable, the computer power cable, and the internet connection. The mess under the table is worse - I've got the sewing machine cord, printer cables, the lamp cord, and extension cord added to the computer cord mix - all in one huge, knotted, confusing mess. But hey, it works.
BTW - if the link to Mum's page didn't work, it just means I should have bought that book yesterday!! Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

What mess? This is so much tidier than your room used to be! The Link worked just fine.

1:55 pm  
Blogger Kerri said...

Looks just right to me...and tidy too. The links worked so I guess you didn't need the book. It was too expensive anyway :)
I have a nice little one (book about Blogger) that my daughter Kylie GAVE me. That's a good price!

8:32 am  
Blogger Peggy said...

no fair your corner is neat! Guess that means I need to clean my desk and corner to fit in with everyone else LOL

8:48 am  
Blogger Sandy said...

Okay...it has taken me far too long to realize that Alice is your mom! Lucky you!

2:10 pm  
Blogger Val said...

Ok, 'fess up now, you cannot call this messy! I'll show you messy (when I get around to it!)Seeing everyone's blogspace is so much fun.

4:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home