06 February, 2006

An email from my cousin...

AS I MATURE
-
I've learned that you cannot make
someone love you. All you can do is
stalk them and hope they panic and give in.
-
I've learned that no matter how much I care,
some people are just assholes.
-
I've learned that it takes years
to build up trust, and it only takes
suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.
-
I've learned that you can get by
on charm for about fifteen minutes.
After that, you'd better have a big willy or huge boobs.
-
I've learned that you shouldn't
compare yourself to others - they are
more screwed up than you think.
-
I've learned that you can keep vomiting
long after you think you've finished.
-
I've learned that we are responsible
for what we do, unless we are celebrities.
-
I've learned that regardless of
how hot and steamy a relationship is at
first, the passion fades, and there had better
be a lot of money to take its place!
-
I've learned that 99% of the time when
something isn't working in your house,
one of your kids did it.
-
I've learned that the people you care most
about in life are taken from you too soon
and all the less important ones just never go away.
-
Pass this along to five friends... Trust me,
they'll appreciate it. Who knows, maybe
something good will happen.
-
If not... tough shit.
-

8 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

If we all put it on our blogs then we will have passed it on to all the world, won't we?

Very bloody funny, my girl!

7:36 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

yep..i have learnt a lot of those things too.......

9:50 pm  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

I like this thoughts Tanya!
Very wise those: "I've learned that you cannot make someone love you ..." and "I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just assholes."
Thank you for sharing this with us.
Have a great week!

11:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is one of my favorite poems!!!!

2:43 am  
Blogger kylieps said...

Hi Tanya- that's perfect! Thanks for stopping by my blog. When do you reckon our Mum's will start making plans to visit each other in person?

6:14 am  
Blogger Kerri said...

You made me laugh this morning...I always appreciate that :) I see Kylie has already been here so I don't have to say..'oh, you have to read Tanya's latest post!'
Hmmm...travel plans... I don't think your mum and I can tear ourselves away from blogging long enough to do that. We'll see!
Thanks for visiting my 'blogspot'. I too am very curious about other blogging friends, so have been enjoying the peeks into each other's blogging corners. I have a friend (Pete) who gives me much helpful computer advise and aid. He had the same concerns about Webshots slowing things down. But I kept it too :) I'd love to see your little mudlark...pic maybe? We've had a sparrow pecking on the glass door when the feeder is empty. I hadn't thought sparrows were that smart. Shouldn't have preconceived notions :)

12:39 am  
Blogger WendyAs said...

After the passion fades..there better be some money to replace it. Isn't that the truth. At least your left with something. Thanks for the smiles.

6:04 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

I did have to giggle... Thanks... Although like the other comments have suggested there are some wise words there...

8:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home