15 February, 2006

toad juice

Wendy and Kerri both asked to see a picture of a cane toad. Since I HATE them, I would never get close enough to one by choice to photograph it. And everyone seemed to say "No!" to pictures of cane toad roadkill. So here is an article I found in the paper on the weekend. Not sure if you can read it, but it talks about how a new cane toad fertilizer has been developed. Which is great. Only, the fertilizer-makers can't seem to catch enough of the pests. How ironic is that???

In other news. The teenage girl who lives across the road is singing. Again. At the top of her voice. Again. She has the worst voice in the world. So it was quite amusing when she was destroying Celine Dion (is that possible??) over and over again a few months ago. Now she's taken to making a meal of Kelly Clarkson's latest song. I wonder how long this will last. I'll only complain once she tries to slaughter the music of an artist I actually like.

Okay, so that wasn't news. I get to go to Ayr tomorrow for work. No, that's not news either. I'll return when I have something worthwhile (according to me) to say. Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Not even a mother could love an offspring like that - the cane toad, I mean, not the teenage singer.

I've just downloaded a Celine Dion CD. I must remember to play it for you when you come home again. I like her, but yes, I know I'M OLD.

Hope your trip to Ayr goes well.

9:28 pm  
Blogger Val said...

Tanya, do you have one of theose purses made from cane toads? Saw them years ago in Daintree village in the tourist shops - kind of spooky!

9:41 am  
Blogger Tanya said...

Eeeeew! No way do I have one. I will have snakes in my house (see post from 20 October), and geckoes. Mosquitoes, sandflies and even cockroaches: I will tolerate them all if necessary. But there is NO WAY a cane toad will ever make it through the front door, whether it be living or dead. But I have seen them as purses. I'll have to try to make it to the local markets one Sunday morning and take pictures of what they do to cane toads in Townsville. It's just as sick as the purses.

6:07 pm  
Blogger Alice said...

On the news tonight they said that the cane toads are evolving into a faster travelling beast with longer legs. They are moving south at the rate of up to 60klm per year. Previously it was thought they only travelled about 10klm a year. They are now as far south as Port Macquarie and even unconfirmed reports of them further south in Forster.

8:06 pm  
Blogger Kerri said...

OMG! Definitely not cute! Most decidedly ugly! Purses? Yuk! I hope they don't migrate!!
As for the teenage girl, perhaps you could teach her to sing something you like :) PS I too (like you lovely mum) like Celine Dion :)

2:13 pm  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Love the picture. I think it is actually quite cute.

My computer is back I will post my tag soon.

8:38 pm  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Do they have American Idol tryouts over in Oz?
You could suggest to your singing neighbor teen to try out and after Simon tells her what he thinks of her singing...she may never sing again.

4:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home