13 February, 2006

Another meme

I've been tagged by my big sister. And as she is my big sister, I feel I must oblige.

What were three things when you were little you wanted to be when you grew up?
1. A professional athlete – in no particular sport
2. A photographer for National Geographic
3. A marine biologist

You can live one day over again from your childhood. What day will it be?
Like Michelle, probably a day spent on the grandparents’ farm. Picking mulberries and making sure we ate as many as we could because Grandma was just going to turn the rest into jam (what a waste!!). Then building cubby houses in the hayshed with my brother (and learning afterwards that we shouldn’t play there because of all the snakes that lived there-!) and riding on the back of Grandpa’s tractor with siblings and cousins while Grandpa drove around the paddocks to count cows. Yes, counting cows now sounds like the most boring thing in the world to do, but it wasn't at the time. Believe me.

You have two minutes (and a mover with you if you need heavy lifting help!) to grab 5 things from your home before it morphs into a polka dotted hobglobin and hops away. What will you take? (Food/drink/family/friends excluded!)
1. My camera (gotta photograph that hobglobin)
2. My sewing machine
3. My computer
4. My car
5. MY QUILTS

You have to paint one quote on your kitchen wall. What is it going to be?
The Cree Indian Prophecy:
"Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find, that money cannot be eaten."

What is the one thing you want to have accomplished by the end of this year?
The brown quilt (which is taking FOREVER).

You are moving to the moon for one year and can only bring one flower with you. What kind will you bring?
A tiger lily.

You just received word that aside from one flower, you can also bring five books with you too! Your choices?
This is tough. Really - only five? Okay...
1. The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck (which I am reading right now)
2. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss (which is one of my absolute favourites and I think it should be required reading for EVERY person - read it now)
3. The Sea by John Banville (a Christmas present which I still need to read, but have been told by several people that it is excellent)
4. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (reading this should take up most of the year)
5. Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey (more necessary reading, I say)

Tagging 3 lucky people:
1. Wendy
2. Val
3. surfing free (coz she complained she had never been tagged)

8 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Thank you so much for including the Cree Indian Prophecy. I thought we had a poster of it and hunted high and low some months ago trying to find it. Do you have it at your place? I'm sure it's yours anyway.

8:48 pm  
Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

Woo hoo! I've been tagged .. thanks so much. Pout and ye shall receive :)

7:11 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

It is my poster and it is hanging in our study!!!

8:22 pm  
Blogger Tanya said...

I had one that was laminated. Which I think was in my bedroom or the garage or somewhere.

Don't you love that this conversation is being shared over the internet??

10:20 pm  
Blogger Val said...

Aargh! I had just got to the bottom of the post and was going to comment on your reading list (natch) and I saw that I had been tagged. (goes away singing "...for the very first time")

10:41 pm  
Blogger Alice said...

Well, girls, I'm glad that you each have a copy of the Prophecy - even if I don't!

BTW, Tanya, I actually find out more of your news via the blog than any other means. Definitely public broadcasting.

10:55 pm  
Blogger Kerri said...

Isn't is wonderful the way families communicate? (wink)

What? You CAN'T eat money? Next you'll be telling me it doesn't grow on trees!!

Loved reading your answers Tanya. You did good! Now, if only I could come up with some clever ones after being tagged by your mum and Connie. Looks like Val is excited too :)

11:21 pm  
Blogger WendyAs said...

I have a copy of the Lorax. It is hard to find now days. My kids don't like it. I found that funny because I loved it.

Thanks (I think) for the tag. My computer is being shipped off to Melbourn for the repairs. I'll have to do it when it gets back. Be patient.

9:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home