27 February, 2006

I AM AN IDIOT

On Saturday I was in Spotlight (Australia's biggest fabric, craft and interior decorating store - so they say) and saw the fabric on the bottom of the picture. I thought it would make a nice light, summery dress, so bought a metre. Idiotic moment number 1: I should have bought 1.5 metres. So this afternoon I left work early and went back to Spotlight to get another metre of fabric so I could make the whole dress. I purchased the fabric at the top of the picture, thinking it was the one I had bought on Saturday. Idiotic moment number 2: I didn't take the original fabric with me.
Maybe I'll just keep doing these idiotic things and end up making a big pink quilt. Coz I'm not sure that I want to make that flippin' dress anymore! Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Hey, they are both really pretty. You could make a skirt out of one and a blouse out of the other! Quilts are nice too!

Hey, would you like to participate in the Blog Olympic training camp. It's fun, no cost, and gives you bragging rights.

10:10 am  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Sounds like something I would do. I'm sure you'll think of something to make with the fabrics.

3:05 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

You really could make a dress with them together...you know cut on the bias and joined in an arty way!!

7:43 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

PS you are not an idiot!!!

7:44 pm  
Blogger Alice said...

I was going to suggest using both fabrics in the one garment but thought that might have been old-fashioned. I see that it has ShellyC's seal of approval, so I feel quite chuffed.

PS. You are an idiot - but a lovely one.

8:21 pm  
Blogger Finn said...

Sounds like a plan..*VBG* Don't you just love it when the Universe puts our brains in nuetral and lets us coast along like we knew what we are doing???? Very pretty fabric tho...

8:34 am  
Blogger Kerri said...

I was thinking the two tone in a dress would be rather arty too. It's good you can laugh at yourself....we all do things like that occasionally. Probably not as often as you though......:)
(You do know I'm kidding, right?)

1:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home