02 March, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

This one will probably be crap. Am posting late and am tired and I heartily apologise.

Thirteen Things I have done this past week to get healthy.


1. Swam 1000m

2. Played tennis

3. Walked to and from work

4. Joined the "wellness program" at work

5. Played more tennis

6. Cycled to and from work

7. Turned down junk food (but accepted alcohol...)

8. Ate apple and carrot sticks instead of tea cake at morning tea

9. Smiled when I didn't feel like it (does that count?)

10. Thought about joining a softball team (that's as far as that one went)

11. Looked into doing a detox (but the kit cost $60!!!)

12. Planned to do more exercise next week

13. And to eat better food.

OKAY, SO I STARTED SCRAPING THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL FROM 9 ONWARDS. JUST BE HAPPY I'M HONEST - I COULD HAVE MADE UP ALL MANNER OF CRAP AND YOU'D BE NONE THE WISER!!!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. elle

2. norma

3. debbie

4. laura

5. shelli

6. frog legs

7. better safe than sorry

8. killired (though she's yet to actually post - still blog olympic partying... ah, excuses!!)

9. mary

10. lingerie lady

11. joan

12. scouser

13. lena

14. wystful 1

15. melli

16. moonjockey

17. libragirl

18. d. challener roe

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



14 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

No tea cake in a morning? You must be very brave because there's no way I could give up tea cakes!

My TT is up!
http://bellis.blogon.com

8:43 pm  
Blogger WendyAs said...

What is a tea cake? Well done. Keep it up. You must feel very accomplished.

8:44 pm  
Blogger Norma said...

Actually, from what I've read, smiling is great exercise, and it doesn't make as many wrinkles as a frown. So it is a two-fer--great for attitude and easy on the face.

Thanks for visiting my TT.

8:51 pm  
Blogger Melzie said...

smiling when you don't want to always counts-- works your face muscles too.. ;) Mine are up

12:20 am  
Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

What do you mean? That was a great list! Smiling burns calories too!

12:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that list sounds pretty good to me. i don't think you're posting late, not here anyways, i'm visiting and it's only 9am where i am (canada)
i'm doing the tt too.

12:32 am  
Blogger Jennifer said...

great list! i don't have mine up yet... still recovering from my blog olympic party... i dont see why your score is so high... guess it's the pix... but i have a ton of graphics on my site! oh well... i'll come back and post when i get around to getting my t13 up!

12:58 am  
Blogger owlhaven said...

I like the 'smile when you don;t feel like it' one!
Thanks for stopping by!
Mary

1:04 am  
Blogger Micehelly said...

That is a pretty good list for someone who was tired and typing late! My very first Thursday Thirteen is up at http://askdaddy.blogspot.com/2006/03/thursday-thirteen.html

2:01 am  
Blogger Joan said...

Thanks for coming by to see my TT! Yours was definitely not "crap" -- I really liked it. I want one of those tea cakes! My mama makes such good ones!

2:02 am  
Blogger Lena said...

I am so jealous! My short list might involve the cake as a healthy alternative to my usual chocolate chip muffin! LOL

I LOVE tennis. My racket is around here somewhere...

;)

Great list!

3:01 am  
Blogger Melli said...

I, too, am in the business of getting "healthy" these days.... matter of fact, that is what my blog is set up for. But that can't be the ONLY topic... which is why today I joined Thursday Thirteens!!! OH! And smiling is the BEST one you've got -- cuz if you do it when you don't feel like it, you can turn your whOle day around! GOOD JOB! :)

13 Newbie

4:35 am  
Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

Well done! Actually thinking about doing something good is half the battle, I say. I have a friend who is a doctor and she says detox programmes are a complete waste of time. Our bodies undergo detox every day thanks to our kidneys and our liver. So save yourself the $60 :)

6:43 am  
Blogger Dale Challener Roe said...

Don't get down. I'm not sure I accomplished 13 steps toward anything this week, let alone all toward 1 goal.


My 13 is up

10:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home