06 March, 2006

Another sewing tragedy

I spent the weekend sewing another baby quilt. It was only after I finished piecing it that I decided that I hated it, so spent even longer unpicking it. I then came up with a design that I liked - but realised I was short of fabric. Bought that this afternoon, so now I'll hopefully have it finished in time for the baby shower (whenever that will be). I did sew up four of these burp cloths (just two pieces of flannel sewn together - sort of useless, if you ask me, but more attractive than having a cloth nappy (diaper) thrown over your shoulder for the kid to puke on. I'll post pictures of the quilt (versions 1 and 2) once version 2 is complete.

On a lighter note, my boss sent me this link to a quiz to see how Australian you are. It would be interesting to see how Australian Kerri still is, and how Australian Wendy has become. I only scored 17/20... But according to the quiz, "she'll be apples, though I may get mistaken for a Yank."

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I got 18/20.....guess I didn't lose toomuchafter all those years away!!

7:07 pm  
Blogger Val said...

And I got 18/20 as well. The 32 years I've lived here must have had some effect!

8:50 pm  
Blogger Alice said...

I scored 19/20 although one was a guess and a couple I hadn't heard of before.

10:13 pm  
Blogger Tanya said...

I'm just so proud of you all :)

11:12 pm  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I scored 10/20 and have never been to Oz.

11:49 am  
Blogger Kerri said...

I got 17/20...guess I've been here too long! They'd probably call me a yank anyway once they heard my accent, whether I scored 100 or not!
My mum used to call my dad #5 (bloody pom) before (and after) they got their divorce :) Nice.
Happy birthday Tanya. The boots were a birthday present to yourself, right? That would make them well and truly justifiable!

1:55 pm  
Blogger Kerri said...

PS Alice, you're such a smarty pants :)

1:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home