16 March, 2006

THURSDAY THIRTEEN


Okay, this one is a bit of a cop-out. I'm running late with posting this week's thirteen. It is Thursday night, Australian time. And then, I couldn't think of thirteen cool things, but just remembered an article in the paper on the weekend that gave me a bit of a chuckle. So here are thirteen signs with a sense of humour.


1. Sign over a gynaecologist office: "Dr. Jones, at your cervix."
2. In a podiatrist's office: "Time wounds all heels."
3. On a septic tank truck in Oregon: "Yesterday's Meals on Wheels."
4. On a plumber's truck: "Don't sleep with a drip. Call your plumber."
5. At a tyre shop: "Invite us to your next blowout."
6. At a towing company: "We don't charge an arm and a leg. We want tows."
7. On a maternity room door: "Push, push, push."
8. At an optometrist's office: "If you don't see what you're looking for, you've come to the right place."
9. Outside a muffler shop: "No appointment necessary. We hear you coming."
10. In a veterinarian's waiting room: "Be back in five minutes. Sit! Stay!"
11. At the electric company: "We would be delighted if you send in your payment. However, if you don't, you will be."
12. In the front yard of a funeral home: "Drive carefully. We'll wait."
13. In a radiator shop: "Best place in town to take a leak."

Finally, a sign which I adore!!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens

1. Kimmy

2. scouser

3. carol

4. carmen

5. denise

6. frog legs

7. pj

8. ginger

9. norma

10. kelly

11. k~

12. master enigma

13. mar

14. lena

15. libragirl

16. mama b


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

Posted by Picasa

16 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

VERY funny! I loved them! Thanks for visiting my 13!

10:09 pm  
Blogger Carmen said...

Not lame at all! Funny stuff! The at your cervix one made me snort. Ha.

My 13 is up http://carmenhasgonetoplaid.blogspot.com/

11:12 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those are great!!!

LOVE them all!

Mine are up.

Denise

11:41 pm  
Blogger Melzie said...

LOL!! That's great-- love #8, and the actual sign-- that should be EVERYWHERE. I'm amazed how many parents don't mind their children while off and about. My TT is up!

12:55 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have never heard these. Funny stuff. Thanks for visiting my blog.

1:02 am  
Blogger lisa said...

I like the last one too.. I'd take the puppy, but my kid with espresso? Ugh.

1:58 am  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I was going to post these, too. How funny!

And I love that sign!

3:00 am  
Blogger Norma said...

These are wonderful. Esp. the vet's office.

Thanks for stopping by my TT.

3:19 am  
Blogger Lena said...

Tanya - if this is a "cop-out" why am I laughing so hard??? Love it! I copied it and emailed it to all my girlfriends. Thanks! ;)

3:49 am  
Blogger Kelly said...

Great list!
I especially like the last sign!
I also like the electric company one!

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

4:16 am  
Blogger Micehelly said...

I love that sign - why didn't I think of that when I had a retail store and people did not mind their children?

My Thursday Thirteen are up

4:47 am  
Blogger Master Enigma said...

The puppy expresso sign is the best.

I once saw a sign in a diner that said, "Our sandwhiches are so fresh we have to slap them twice a day!"

All signs point to my 13 at http://akaenigma.blogspot.com/

5:39 am  
Blogger MaR said...

I loved them all! My TT is up!

6:48 am  
Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

LOL....OMG...I love that sign!

2:46 am  
Blogger Val said...

Too funny. I must admit that when i first read these yesterday I didn't get the one about the electric company being delighted (must have been having a slow day), but today the light went on (groan!).

9:35 am  
Blogger Kerri said...

Good for a chuckle. Love the unattended children sign....I could give them a kitten (maybe).

3:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home