09 March, 2006

Thirteen of my favourite places in the world (in no particular order).
1. Italy - Rome and Florence have great food and art to overload on. Sitting under a tree in Tuscany with a bottle of red wine and an assortment of cheeses - could life get much better?
2. Mexico - Deserts, rainforests, fantastic beaches, great food, vibrant colours, the cheapest and best hammocks you'll ever find and brilliant hospitality wherever you go.
3. Belize - is this entire country on holiday? Brilliant beaches (fantastic diving), stunning rainforests, and oh - those accents.
4. Malawi - Friendly, happy people (though one of the poorest countries on earth); you cannot leave here without making friends.
5. Lesotho - a tiny country reliant on South Africa for virtually everything. Stunning scenery and great hikes.
6. Canada - so much like Australia and yet so far away. And so damn cold in winter.
7. Namibia - the deserts, the sand dunes... dune buggying, sand boarding and skydiving are all a must. And if you're not that adventurous, the game parks are great!
8. Ireland - as with Belize, the accents - could make your heart melt. And the pubs and the lushness of it all. Coz of the rain... As an ex once said (who was Irish), "it'd be such a lovely place, if you could only put a roof on it."
9. Greece - tell them you're Australian and the LOVE you (since everyone has/had family there at one stage or another. Amazing food, great towns - the Pelopponese is a little known must.
10. Jordan - Petra. Enough said. Take a camera. Amman is nice as well. Maybe wait a while until it is a little safer...?
11. Fiji - do I need to explain? Is as stunning as all the pictures you've ever seen. And the people are so friendly. And the Kava will steal all your inhibitions.
12. Kenya - safari, safari, safari. So many. Guaranteed to see amazing animals. And if you're a meat eater, Carnivores in Nairobi is SO WORTH a visit.
13. Cayman Islands - diving. Stingray city - snorkel so close to the rays that they'll sit on you (right Michelle?).
Must I stop at 13????
Links to other Thursday 13s.
1. Dana
3. Elle
7. Ruth
10. Amanda
13. Mar
14. Melli
16. Stacey
18. Lena
19. Kimmy
20. Tutu
22. Shash
23. Laura
24. Renee
(leave your link in comments, I'll add you here!)

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

25 Comments:

Blogger Hanley Family said...

my hubby is from Melbourne...his dad works in Sydney at the moment, but is hoping to get back to Melbourne soon...well, actually some little town I couldn't hope to remember. I thought I was doing good to remember Nar Nar Goon, but then they had to go and move.

Thanks for visiting my list!
um, I'll sign in w/ my other id, but I don't put the t13 up there...
Dana
http://homeschoolblogger.com/gottsegnet

6:18 pm  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Tanya, Have you been to all these places? I could certainly add a few more places to that list.

8:08 pm  
Blogger Norma said...

An amazing list--and so many in Africa. You must be quite the traveler. I love the quote about Ireland--hadn't heard that before.

Thanks for stopping by my TT.

8:21 pm  
Blogger Just Me said...

Have you been to all these places? What a traveller!

Thanks for visiting my TT
Elle x

9:24 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have been to many places.

Trying to Catch Up: Thursday Thirteen

10:38 pm  
Blogger Wystful1 said...

I would personally love to visit Ireland!!

Great list. Mine are up.

10:52 pm  
Blogger Tanya said...

Yes, I've been to all these places (and then some). Being a travelling bum for seven years, you get to see a few things here and there. Some of the best times of my life were spent in far-flung corners of the globe :)

11:12 pm  
Blogger -tnchick- said...

Wow... I could only dream of visiting all those places. I've been to half the US and Mexico and that's it.

My 13 are up...

11:29 pm  
Blogger momsmusings said...

Wow, I would LOVE to go to these places. I have such a travelling heart...but it will have to wait:-(

Thanks for stopping by my TT

11:38 pm  
Blogger Melzie said...

WOW! You've traveled- and to 2 places I have on my list! I've been to #1, 2,& #6. My TT is up!

11:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, you've been to all of those places. i'm in canada, the only place on your list i've been is ireland, i would love to go to fiji and the caymen islands though.
i'm doing the tt too.

11:57 pm  
Blogger {LyndsD} said...

I so have never left the US, but all of those places sound just heavenly!!! So need to get out and explore.!!

Great 13! My TT is up too.

12:53 am  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I am so happy that you shared SOME of the lovely places that you have traveled to. Now how about sharing some of those pictures too?

You are by far a very well traveled individual, and who cares that you got started into the work force 10 years later than your co-workers...they have just missed out on all the wonderful experiences that you have!!

1:31 am  
Blogger MaR said...

I am missing Spain on your list, lol! Rome and Florence are my favorites! thanks for visiting my TT

1:35 am  
Blogger Melli said...

Ahhhhhh... #9 is my MUST! I MUST get there before I die! Followed by #8! You are soooooooo lucky to have visited all these places! ... or maybe I should say you are so organized and prioritized and good at saving money! Because really... you didn't just "luck" into these trips now did you? LOL! GOOD for you!!!

My list is up!

1:38 am  
Blogger MaR said...

I am missing Spain on your list, lol! Rome and Florence are my favorites! thanks for visiting my TT

1:38 am  
Blogger YellowRose said...

You are quite the traveler!! I would love to see Ireland (we are hoping to go in the next couple years!) and Italy! The other places sound wonderful also!!

Thanks for the advice on my TT!!

2:14 am  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, am I jealous! You Go Girl! All great places to see...maybe one day!
Thanks for coming by this morning.

2:54 am  
Blogger Lena said...

I'm totally with you on #2. We go to Puerto Vallarta and do the rainforest ziplining. Have you ever? You must! What an adrenalaine rush!

Love the list - more places for me to be depressed about not visiting ;).

3:59 am  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Mmm... they sound wonderful. Several are my favorite places, too!

Thanks for stopping by!

5:40 am  
Blogger Ma said...

That was an Awesome 13. Boy you sure are lucky to have visited all those places.
Thank you for sharing.

My 13

5:53 am  
Blogger Master Enigma said...

I love to travel but have only one country that I share with you - Mexico!

My Thirteen is up at http://akaenigma.blogspot.com/

7:22 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I loved your exotic locations!

I've been to a few of those on your list (Italy, Mexico, and Canada (of course I live there and yes the winters suck but spring is around the corner YYIIPPEE), and would love to see more. I think seeing the world is a great thing that I hope my kids will love to do as well.

11:04 am  
Blogger Laura said...

wow!
you are linked and my TT is here http://adventuresinjuggling.blogspot.com/

12:25 pm  
Blogger Renee Nefe said...

wow... I've only been to s. Korea & Hawaii. I thought that marrying a military guy would get us travel all over the world...but so far not so much! LOL! At least he's a great guy.

Come on by fefyfomanna: Thursday 13: Places to call home You're already linked up! :D

4:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home