20 March, 2006



Having trouble uploading pics, so this will have to do until later. The first two were last night, the bottom one was taken this morning.

The risk of flooding from the 4m storm surge has passed (yay - though do I still have an excuse to stay home??) and apparently we'll go fairly unscathed. Not so Innisfail, I hear.

I may venture outside once the wind dies down a bit...

Update: I'm just uploading pictures onto Flickr. It sure takes it's time. I haven't ventured out further than the end of the driveway, so there's not too much to see. The rain is bucketing down now, and the wind is pretty strong. I'm just so thankful that we missed the worst of the cyclone (sorry that there aren't any dramatic pictures as a consequence). Am still on flood watch, but things here are pretty good.

4 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

I´m glad to hear everything´s OK: I´ve been stopping by your blog for a while now and I had to check on you immediately when I heard the news about the cyclone hitting on our 6am news. I will be holidaying with my family in Sydney this July and we´ll also be spending 2 weeks on Magnetic Island plus in and around Cairns.
I hope the weather returns to normal for you soon!

4:21 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Tanya, I'm following backtracks from Sandy's site and came accross a fellow Queenslander, so thought I'd better say G'day. Are you south or north of Innisfail?

1:18 pm  
Blogger Alice said...

Hi Tan - we're home again. Re putting photos on Flickr - download for free the Flickr Uploader. It's so easy and loads photos in seconds - trust me, I'm your mother.

12:32 pm  
Blogger Kerri said...

I wonder if you can trust that Alice????Hmmmm...
I'm so glad to hear everything is OK with you, and that the storm didn't cause too much damage to your area (apart from your doubting neighbour's roof...Ha ha, the luck of the Irish indeed! how could anyone be that stupid? Well I guess some don't believe the Holocast really happened either. He's probably one of them...). You were in our thoughts and prayers. Sorry I didn't get over to tell you that sooner!

3:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home