18 May, 2006

Thanks to the TT site for the banner.


I don't know what to write thirteen things about. Life here is still mad busy and I never get time to finish anything these days. I guess this could be thirteen things I have to get done before my sister and her family visits towards the end of next month.

  1. ironing - lots of it.
  2. cleaning - more of it.
  3. quilting - need to finish the current quilt.
  4. clean the car - for the first time in a couple of months.
  5. service the car.
  6. book time off from work.
  7. pay the bills - so I have phone and electricity when they're here (and always, I guess).
  8. remove the squashed gecko that is caught in the back door jam.
  9. remove the spider that is living behind the tv.
  10. find some kid-like things to do while they're here.
  11. hope the weather is not too hot (for them) or cold (for me). okay, hoping is not something that I need to do, but I will.
  12. hope the stingers are gone so we can go swimming in the ocean.
  13. hope they love it up here.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, please use the auto-link. And comments are always much appreciated. Only if you leave a comment will I visit your Thirteen and leave a comment in return....
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants


19 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Ooooh, can I be first to comment? Of course they will love it, staying with one of the best hosts in the world. Even weatherwise, I'm sure they'll love it - unless you have any more cyclones coming your way. I'm sure you will love having family around, too. Good luck with all the 'must dos' before they arrive.

9:33 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

Should I write 13 things NOT to do before we arrive.
1. do not clean house..we will trash it anyeway
2. do not remove gecko or spider...kids love playing with all animals...dead or alive.
3. do not clean car...see no.1
4.Iron...why??
5....of course we will love it up there!!
6. just fill the fridge with Chardonnay!!!

...can't think of more.

3:30 pm  
Blogger Laura said...

at last I can comment...slow aol tonight.
thanks for visiting my tt

5:52 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

Sounds like you are going to be busy, busy. Lucky you, you have only one spider: we have whole families living in separate arrangements! Happy TT!

6:17 pm  
Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

I think I'd have to leave the gecko. Call it "ambiance"/local flavor, maybe. ;)

8:37 pm  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Listen to your sister she's cool. Just be who you are....I'm sure you will spoil them rotten just like you do all your friends. Most of all enjoy your time with them.

9:31 pm  
Blogger Carmen said...

Gekos, spiders and stingers - oh my! Sounds like Australia. ;) Yet I still love it!

9:53 pm  
Blogger In transit said...

DO learn what a scoobie is, DO find more than a dead gecko for entertainment - I've heard slaters are pretty popular.
DO have a great time too :)

10:24 pm  
Blogger Kerri said...

Good luck with all that! You'll have a great time with those kiddos (and the big guys too...the Aussies make great wines:)
How can you tell if the stingers are all gone??? Do you mean box jellies or just regular, less-deadly stingers?

12:15 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy the company...they're here to see you, not to check and make sure your ironing is done.

my t t is up

12:50 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Squashed gecko?!? Yuck! Well, I have company coming today and tons of chores that are going to wait until after I visit my TT's!

1:17 am  
Blogger Ashley said...

don't you love having a list of things to do (she says sarcastically). on a positive note, it feels really really good to be able to check things off of it and say "i did it!"

1:52 am  
Blogger Kimmy said...

"remove the squashed gecko that is caught in the back door jam"... maybe that really is the end to the Geico commercials. Do you guys even have Geico?. Anyway... thanks for doing us that service ;)

Enjoy the upcoming visit with your sister+. All the work will be worth it!

1:54 am  
Blogger rashbre said...

So how big is the spider? smaller than a toy car or bigger? It makes a difference to know these things!

rashbre

6:36 am  
Blogger Natsthename said...

I really dislike scheduling time to pay bills! It's a crummy job watching how much we send out to other people! Good luck getting it all done!

9:11 am  
Blogger Urban Mummy said...

I really am curious about the squashed gecko. Really.

You sound busy! Don't get too bogged down. (Says I, with an equally stressful list!)

9:45 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

We have a Gecko family living in our kitchen windowsill that come out at night to feed! The cats go crazy trying to catch them! I have a lot of cleaning to do too!
Have a great TT!

9:58 am  
Blogger Ma said...

Aloha! I came by way of Rashbre. Looks like a busy cleaning time for you.

I'm up

10:42 am  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Just have fun visiting with your sister and her family, and don't worry about what doesn't get done...After all she's not there to inspect your home...She's coming to visit you.

9:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home