28 July, 2006


Val recently announced that Boomama was organising an annual (or once only) bloggy tour of homes for Friday. That's today. I thought it might be fun, so am taking part. Visit Boomama for all the details - but be quick. As I said, Friday is today.

Okay, here I go. Be warned that I didn't clean the house before doing this (so if any pictures show a clean house, be impressed, because that was not the intention.


The front door. And plants either side that I have bought from garage sales. The one to the right was looking worse than this when I bought it. But it cost me $5 complete with the pot and it's a bit happer (it seems) now than before. The plant on the left is looking decidedly worse than when I bought it. The darn things seem to need water all the time. Sigh.

I recently got the security screen fixed, so I can lock it without using the key. You've no idea what a joy this is. I like to lock myself into my house when I am here alone.

Where I blog. I know, it's just a shot of the desk - but the rest is too hideous to see. I have another picture almost the same as this one (but with a cleaner desk). There is a bed opposite the desk with a stack of pillows on it (no pillowcases), a clothes airer and that black blob in the lower left corner is the crappy students chair I sit on. The clock has read 11:45 for the past three months. I should change the batteries some time. The ironing board is permanently set up (who can be bothered to do all their ironing in one go - I iron as I need to) and there is a bookcase full of books I haven't read behind it. Other items in the room: a sewing machine (changes place with the computer regularly), a basket of ironing, a vacuum cleaner, four paintings that need to be hung on the walls and lots of fabric all over the place!!


4 Comments:

Blogger HORIZON said...

Hey thank you for the tour. My Sis lives in AU and is coming home in less than a month for a visit- l have not seen her in 10 years!! Love your Jackson Pollock paintings below- neat idea. Your house is a home and is lovely- love the brighter colours too. :)

9:05 pm  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

What a wonderful home! Thanks for sharing!

4:25 am  
Blogger ... Paige said...

I like it. Thanks for sharing

12:37 pm  
Blogger Paula said...

Thanks for inviting us in!

9:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home