19 July, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Today's thirteen are being posted really early (Wednesday evening). Because I have to go to Ayr tomorrow morning at 6:45am. For a meeting. Shall I say that again? 6:45. The things I do for my job. The meeting starts at 8:00am and I am giving myself 15 minutes "getting lost time." Since the address of the meeting is "Roy's Shed." I kid you not. Anyway, back to my Thursday Thirteen. I was surfing the internet last week and decided to do a purple giraffe search. I typed "Purple Giraffe" into Google Blog Search to see what came up. There were a few posts of mine, and a few references to my blog (which made my ego soar, I do have to say). But I found some hilarious references to purple giraffes in other peoples blogs. I was so engrossed in this, I looked at 50 pages (or about 1000 hits) of links to something saying "purple giraffe." I then copied my favourites for this weeks TT. I hereby apologise sincerely for not referencing the blogs that these came from, but I do thank those 13 people who have contributed to this post...

Thirteen blog references to purple giraffes...

1. Libra, this is a good week for you to relax. Too bad you won't be able to, after a rabid purple giraffe destroys your backyard in a fit of cocaine-induced rage. Also, lay off the peyote.

2. I'll just have to use a bit of common sense, which is unfortunately in short supply due to the strange effects the hyper-strength antibiotics are having on my brain. Luckily, the purple giraffe who camps next to my bed is always on hand ...

3. My brain was so far in orbit that I understood every word when they were speaking "jive" and so did the purple giraffe sitting next to me eating a corndog.

4. And just as I rode into the sunset I saw a team of “animal control” burners dressed in red coveralls chasing a purple giraffe with a life sized net. Apparently the purple giraffe was caught successfully, inoculated with vodka.

5. This is one one-eyed frog you don’t want to mess with! Oh no! A report just came in that says the frog does not act alone. He has an accomplice! It is none other than PURPLE, the purple-purpliest giraffe of them all!

6. Vader gripped the gorilla horns and threw Jeff the purple giraffe out the window, which damaged his self-esteem quiet a lot.

7. Somebody kill it before it kills my purple giraffe! Don't just sit there and look at me like I'm crazy! Do it or I'll have my army of living ear wax soldiers annihilate you when I'm president. Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh"

8. Hermione now had the giant orange Garfield and a giant purple Giraffe clutched in both arms. Her face was flushed but she looked very cheerful. “You won’t get sick on this one, I promise,” she said to Ron in a soothing voice.

9. Since I'm here I will tell all that read this that my purple giraffe named Stewie has been taken from me by ninjas. If you have any information concerning his disappearance, please inform me or your local authorities.

10. That purple Giraffe just would not stop nagging.

11. We are to them as a man crying out that purple giraffes are in the garden, when no one else can see purple giraffes. Nothing could be plainer but that such a man is not fit for self-government, let alone participation in the government.

12. The purple giraffes are speaking their nonsense to me once again, while the clouds above are leaking… Whiskey? That or I’ve been drinking, but while I’ve done all this talking, I’ve been soaked by the whiskey-rain...

13. Could you nice people pop into the florist, whenever you walk pass one, and check if they sell any purple giraffes? Those who are colour blind or do not know what a giraffe looks like are excused.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, please use the auto-link. And comments are always much appreciated. Only if you leave a comment will I visit your Thirteen and leave a comment in return....


View More Thursday Thirteen Participants



11 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

Mmmm

Some strange people out there. And the guy in No.4 - not sure it's the giraffe who has been at the vodka....

7:50 am  
Blogger Val said...

Are purple giraffes an alternative to pink elephants?? I've never heard of the phrase, but what a fun thing to do.

11:13 am  
Blogger Val said...

...I mean, thinking up the phrase as a google search as a fun thing to do for your Thursday Thirteen.

11:15 am  
Blogger Meira{FB} said...

You mean there really are purple giraffes?

4:55 pm  
Blogger Laura said...

okay I think I had too much peyote! LOL
my tt is up. come wish my "old" husband a happy birthday when you get back.

5:02 pm  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Are you sure there are purple giraffes? (Lol)
Thanks for visiting.

6:55 pm  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Rofl....loved the list and the quotes. Who knew purple giarffes were so popular (other than you!) My TT is up.

9:59 pm  
Blogger Kimmy said...

That's a great idea for a list! I'm going to try it... wonder what they'd have to say about Snickerdoodles... do I wanna know? ;)
I think #3 is my favorite. Kinda sounds like me every day :)
Happy T13!

2:25 am  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I'm wondering if a purple giraff is like a pink elephant?

There seems to be quite a few drug users and drinkers out there.

3:17 am  
Blogger ... Paige said...

This is just crazy! Who wouldv'e ever thought. Oh yea, you did. Crazy I tell ya.

4:28 am  
Blogger YellowRose said...

Who knew there were so many purple giraffes out there!

Happy Thursday!

5:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home