06 July, 2006





I'm back in the world of blogging and back into Thursday Thirteen. I've spent the past couple of weeks with my sister and her family while they escaped the cold and headed north. This picture was taken in the rainforest during their visit.

This week is thirteen of the highs and lows of my break.

  1. High - I got to spend fun time with my sister and her gorgeous kids for the first time in six months.
  2. Low - The time was all too short.
  3. High - We got to go places that I don't go to enough - the beaches, rainforest, beaches (oh, I already said that), and even just the nearby waterfront (called The Strand) - a lot.
  4. Low - six people and a five seater car means two trips to places - or just a few people going. Luckily I live really close to a lot of places.
  5. High - Frosty Mango - on the way to the rainforest. The kids said the mango flavour was the best ice cream they had tasted (made from real mangoes, of course).
  6. Low - the effect of Frosty Mango - and all the other over-indulgences - on my hips. I have forgotten what exercise is, but need to remember fast as my clothes are feeling a little tighter.
  7. High - all the fantastic photos I managed to take of the family. It's impossible to get a bad shot of those kids - and I took heaps.
  8. Low - almost losing all of the photos when my computer decided it had had enough and the hard drive went AWOL. A sleepless night and a call to Dell the next morning had it all back on track. Then everything was backed up and I could smile again.
  9. High - the art. The kids have painted six canvases for my wall - and they are fabulous masterpieces that should be worth a fortune (well, they are priceless to me). I just have to decide where to hang them - and get around to actually hanging them.
  10. Low - afterwards, I bought more canvases for them to create (I have another blank wall) but we never got around to painting them. I guess I'll just have to do something to them myself.
  11. High - having brilliant weather the whole time so we could do almost anything. And that also meant that the washing could be done each day.
  12. Low - the washing machine deciding it couldn't handle the extra work and seizing up. Giving me the opportunity to go washing machine shopping that same day. And the machine got delivered today and it is one fun, fancy piece of equipment. And I again have clean towels (yay!!).
  13. High - well, the whole two weeks was a high. I'm just sad it had to end - and that I had to return to work. But even all the lows weren't that low... does that make sense???


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, please use the auto-link. And comments are always much appreciated. Only if you leave a comment will I visit your Thirteen and leave a comment in return....
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants



9 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Maybe after another week you would have been glad we had gone!!

We had a fantastic time...No LOW points for us!!

Thanks so much!! Hugs and Sloppy Kisses from us ALL.

7:07 am  
Blogger Val said...

Oh, this was a fun Thursday Thirteen! Most of your lows could be turned into highs, as I'm sure you're doing already. But a bung washing machine - ugh! Of all the modern conveniences, that is the one I would miss the most.

But try this: we seldom have had house guests but when a former student brought his wife, 3 kids and father to Australia they stayed at our place. Total number of house occupants: 10. Everything was going well until, in the middle of the night, the alarm starts going off by itself. Turns out that the fridge had decided that it had had enough, and kept tripping the fuse, which kept setting off the alarm. Are we having fun yet? So next day, we had to make a rush purchase of a fridge from the white goods shop a 5 minute walk from us. Trouble was, their delivery truck wasn't available until the next day. So we borrowed their special trolley and with the help of one son, wheeled the damn thing home (some of it uphill and crossing two streets).

Enjoy your new washing machine!

12:58 pm  
Blogger Laura said...

what a great time to make memories with your sister! thank goodness the photos weren't lost.
my tt is up

6:38 pm  
Blogger Alice said...

Glad you had such a good time and even finished up with a new washing machine. Shame you had to buy it ...lol

You probably could have had Thursday Thirty of all the highs of their visit.

I think Val could do a TT on how to buy a fridge and then wheel it home.

8:22 pm  
Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

I've been away from blogging the last couple of weeks, too. Nice to "see" you again!

Sounds like you had a very good time. Glad you recovered the photos. I know what that means, reminding me to back mine up now...

9:52 pm  
Blogger Carmen said...

Glad you enjoyed your visit time - and the mango ice cream!

10:37 pm  
Blogger Meira{FB} said...

Sounds like a fun two weeks! Even with highs and lows.

Happy TT

12:40 am  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Your 13 lists seemed to be fun. Even with your lows, it's not so bad.
My T13 is up too.

1:35 am  
Blogger Susan said...

Awww...how sweet that you had such a fantastic visit!! I love spending time with family, too! Sounds like they are lucky to have your place to go for a visit.

My TT is up here.

6:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home