15 July, 2006

Riverway, again.

More shots from Riverway (don't worry, the Riverway Festival is over tomorrow!!). A spur-of-the-moment decision to go there today - in the rain. Baby Kai (who is coming up on 3 months, though is the weight of the average 6 month old) didn't get too wet, and didn't seem to care when he did. As long as he's in his sling, he doesn't care what goes on - he's asleep in minutes.

We went to the multicultural food fair to try some delicacies from the far reaches of the globe. But then I remembered that this is Townsville and whenever there is some multicultural food event, it's the same old stuff: a choice of Thai, Greek, Indian, Italian or Fijian food. And, of course, meat pies, pluto pups, fairy floss, steak sandwiches and chicko rolls. We are in Australia, remember. We went for Indian - it was the only animal-free choice that was remotely appetizing. These shots were taken from the cafe/bar by the pool where we had a cup of coffee. I can only imagine how great this place will be during those long, hot summer evenings: a swim, then maybe a cocktail, followed by a swim... I still can't believe this place is free!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kerri said...

Wow, that looks and sounds like a really great place. I can see by the sleeveless tops that it must be very warm there, even in winter. Amazing that such a wonderful place is free in this day and age.
I hope you don't get a ticket!
I like curry but otherwise I'm not a big fan of hot, spicey food. So I guess I don't share your love of coriander.

8:47 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

That is just so great...looks like we will plan another holiday...in warmer weather so I can swim in taht pool!!!!!!!!!!

7:56 pm  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Today it was 97ยบ and that pool would have been the perfect place to be. The baby looked so comfy too. I can't believe that is FREE.

12:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home