08 July, 2006

The new 'do


I don't usually (read that as ever) post pictures of myself, and it's really not normal to smile at a camera and snap away when no-one else is in the room (I took about fifty photos trying to get something that looked almost natural - and the left was "my best side"). So ignore me and look at my new hair cut, which was done last night. It looked fabulous in the salon, when Tara - the genius who cuts my hair and the first hairdresser to whom I've felt comfortable saying, "do what you want" - showed me four different ways to style my hair. She's so cool - she'll style it, mess it up and then make me do it. Of course I can't and I just end up looking like I have some muscular impediment when I try to twist my hair, then stick bobby pins in backwards while looking in the mirror when I do it - and who can do anything the correct way when looking in the mirror. Anyway, the picture here is the product of the "messy look" plus wearing a bicycle helmet while cycling home from the salon. Tara put a colour in too, though it didn't come out too well in the picture. It's called "coffee shop" and there are about four or five different colours in there, including blonde, caramel, chocolate and mocha.

This morning - my hair looked nothing like this. Or the three other styles I was shown. I think I need Tara to visit me every morning before work to do my hair.

10 Comments:

Blogger yasser said...

wait, mocha is a colour??????

12:54 am  
Blogger Alice said...

Love the short hair, and mine is that style nearly all the time - at the moment it's nearly the same colour too - or maybe not, since mine's more brown and 'silver'.

So for Christmas you'd like a year's supply of Tara?

7:32 am  
Blogger Tanya said...

Yeah, mocha is most definitely a colour. Though I'm not sure if the colour on my head is a strong mocha or a weak one. It's a cross between coffee and chocolate. The colour on my head. And the drink...

Hmmm - I didn't really need to go into this much detail, did I?

7:47 am  
Blogger Val said...

That's a really good style, glad you took the photo.

8:00 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOOKS FABULOUS!!!!

8:14 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the 'do! I need something like that, but I'm too chicken to go and have all my hair cut off LOL
Thanks for dropping by, and I hope you catch up on the washing soon :)
(Glad to know I'm not the only one)

8:18 am  
Blogger Val said...

Tanya,
how wonderful to see a photo of you! Another blogger buddy becomes a bit more real...

Have you ever wondered how convenient it would be to be married to a hairdresser?

11:40 am  
Blogger ... Paige said...

Lovely hair do. I like short hair

12:40 pm  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I love your new haircut and it's what mine is supposed to look like, but I also need a hairstylist to visit me every morning too. I can't seem to get that messy look going.

It's nice to see what you look like...another blogger comes out of the closet.

11:47 am  
Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

That is a good looking head of hair .. and a good looking head :)

I'm not brave enough to post my photo yet, but maybe one day ...

11:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home