23 July, 2006

My weekend.


Green stuff.


I'm not a horse fan, but this guy posed, so I had to take a pic...


Mount Stuart.


Mango trees are in flower now.


Tree trunk.


A creek running through Oak Valley - near Townsville.


Bad for the waterways, but looking pretty anyway (wish the same could be said for the water, which I think is a stagnant oil slick at this time of year).


Mt Elliott in the distance - near Townsville.


Some kind of bird of prey at the rubbish tip (no, I am NOT an ornithologist - can't you tell?).


Yellow flowers (nor am I a botanist!!).

6 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

hehehehe...I'm not an ornithologist or a botanist either, but I do enjoy seeing pretty pictures of various things.

Maybe someone will name the flower and the type of bird you have posted. The bird reminds me of a hawk, but I'm no authority on birds.

The waterlily's are beautiful, but they can sure choke up a waterway. I would never plant them in an open pond or stream. I have mine contained in a 100 gallon plastic tub called my watergarden.

The mango trees sort of remind me of our roderdendron bush (sp??).

7:37 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

love the pics, especially the bark one!!!

8:41 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

..and why is your blog worth so much more than mine??????

8:42 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely pics. Escpecially the water lilly one.

2:11 am  
Blogger Alice said...

Shellyc - my blog was once worth 98,000 but now it's only worth 27,000. Don't think I'd buy shares in that company - sounds a bit dodgy to me.

9:25 am  
Blogger Warm Fuzzies said...

Beautiful pics! Love the flowers, and the bark.

Happy TT!

8:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home