04 August, 2006

And the winner is...

Ok, so here is what the "cappuccino/banana" actually was. Dad was right. My dad is so clever. I had used half of this butternut pumpkin (it cost me 80c, by the way... is that expensive - I have no idea) in a meal and then left the other half sitting on the counter for a day or so. Why I didn't put it in the fridge is a mystery. No it's not, it 's because I was just too damn lazy. When I saw the first spores of mould, I was intrigued by how pretty they were. Who ever stops to look at the how amazing mould can be? Last time I did something like that was in a science class at uni, when we had to grow E. coli in a petri dish. And then count all the little colonies. Which wasn't really fun.
I'll try and refrain from posting ugliness again. But should I really call this ugly? Because after all, most people thought it was either a coffee or a banana, and when has anyone ever said that they were ugly???

6 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Whilst mould may be visually unappealing, just think how important it's been in the field of medical science.

80 cents is very good for a whole butternut pumpkin.

7:44 am  
Blogger Emma said...

OK, I would NEVER have guessed that, even though I have seen it before ;) Just never stopped to look at it close up before I ran, nose pinched firmly, out to the rubbish bin! It's amazing, the beauty in everyday life.

Emma in Brisbane

8:03 am  
Blogger Alice said...

You didn't throw out the rest of the pumpkin, did you? You could have cut off the mould and a bit more, and you'd have had perfectly good pumpkin again - until the next time you left it on the bench...lol.

11:57 am  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I never would have guessed it either although I was admiring mold just two weeks ago on a piece of cheese in the frig.

4:02 pm  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Well I'll be darned...never would have guessed that in a million years! lol I also was admiring mold on my cheese last week! lol

6:56 am  
Blogger Kerri said...

From where I'm sitting it does actually look like hot chocolate (cocoa) with cinnamon on top (only the cinnamon is greyish instead of brownish) in a neat-shaped coffee mug :)
Did you cut the mold off and use the rest?
We have butternut squash growing in our vege garden. Also buttercup...which is rounder, and my favourite. Mmmm, can't wait to eat some. But that'll mean colder weather, and I can wait a LONG time for that!!!!
I like your little guessing game :)

1:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home