07 September, 2006

A lighter post

Monday and Tuesday I was travelling around the Burdekin, yet again. This time we did a marathon trip covering over 1000 km in two days, stopping in three towns to present our work to the community. Much of the trip back from Clermont was on dirt road, in the rain, at 120 kph. Don't worry, I had complete faith in the person driving the car and lets face it, he was going twice as fast as I would have dared. I saw masses of animals - none that I could take a decent picture of, travelling at said speed on said road in said conditions - but there were birds of all descriptions (including emus), wallaroos, wallabies, kangaroos (one which, thanks to the driver's quick reactions only came within inches of my door - no road sense whatsoever), a bandicoot (squashed on the road, but it was still a bandicoot), and a wombat. There were also roadworks along the way that necessitated a stop light. This was my only opportunity to snap a picture out the window during the whole trip.

Oh, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Germaine Greer is a bitter old bitch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Your companion drives like my husband does and if I'm lucky I'll get one picture too.

I'm one of the lucky ones...I've never heard of Germaine Greer before your post and I'm glad that I don't know her...She not worth knowing.

1:39 pm  
Blogger Kerri said...

Pretty sunset...and not bad at all for high speed :) I don't recommend driving with that person...it's not a healthy occupation! Glad you made it home in one piece. Too bad you didn't get a chance to take pics of all those animals. You could've got a really good close-up of the bandicoot :)(I know, not funny...poor little thing).

12:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home