15 August, 2006

MUST SEE!!!

I have been meaning to post about this for a while. A few weeks ago I saw "Ten Canoes" at the movies with friends. This is a film that should be a MUST SEE for every Australian. Nay, a MUST SEE for everyone that reads my blog. I insist. It is fabulous. One of the best films I have seen in a long time, even though I slept through the middle of it.* I won't go into an extensive review of the film, but you can read about it here. And here. And even here and here. And do you know what? They even had fart jokes thousands of years ago in Australia!!

This picture is a little dodgy - it's a photograph of the brochure I picked up at the cinema when I saw the film. GO SEE IT!!


*Note that the sleeping through the movie had no bearing on the entertainment factor: I should just not go to a 9:30pm viewing after a large meal, several glasses of wine and being one of only four people in the audience.

5 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

We saw a documentary on TV about the making of Ten Canoes. I went to sleep in the middle of that too, but it had nothing to do with a large meal, several wines, a late evening, etc. It's just me!!

Glad you enjoyed it. We must go.

9:35 pm  
Blogger Emma said...

It sounds good :) I rarely go to the movies, sadly, so I'll probably end up waiting until it's out on dvd.

Emma

7:07 am  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Tanya...it sounds really good. I like adventure movies and I think I'll like this one. I went over to all the links that you provided and looked at the movie trailer...it was good and I can't wait to see the movie. I'll be watching for it.

7:42 am  
Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

I LOVED this movie too. It was so beautiful... I recommend it as well :)

9:40 am  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I've jotted the name of the movie down so that I can keep an eye out for it! Hopefully it will be available here in Canada soon:-)

2:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home