06 August, 2006

Another Riverway episode

Tonight was another part of the Riverway opening. Yes, the River Festival was a few weeks ago, but this "fire and water" display was postponed due to rain. Maybe they waited three weeks until they were sure that the weather would be ok. No matter, it worked for me - if it had been a few weeks ago I probably wouldn't have gone. Anyway, here are a few shots of the evening (in reverse order, because Hello and I still have our differences).


The fireworks (some of). This is what happens when you don't have a tripod. And this was the best of a bunch of pictures (until I ran out of space on the memory card - need to get a bigger memory card, I think).

There was some story about a river monster (that was good) and some other monsters (that were bad) and a dragon that breathed fire (which you can see from all the orange light in the picture). Ok, I'd had a few drinks and wasn't really paying attention. But it was good.

I think this is the good monster.

A shot from the distance (before I decided to go sit in the garden to get a closer look at the action).

Earlier in the evening - people waiting for the fireworks to start. The blue light is where all the dancing and fire twirling and fire breathing (from a fake dragon) and stuff (in the earlier shots) was to happen.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Riverway sounds like a great place to go to have fun.

Have fun while you're away.

12:50 am  
Blogger snowelf said...

So lovin' the monster pics!!

Thanks for visiting my blog. :)
See you soon!!!

4:14 am  
Blogger Tracie Nall said...

Wow-the fireworks came out great. Looks like a fun festival!

6:16 am  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I love firework displays...the ones in Niagara Falls are amazing!! Sounds like a really fun festival to attend:-) Have fun on your trip!!

7:10 am  
Blogger Alice said...

Loved the fireworks photo - who needs a tripod??

If you are posting photos through Picasa/Hello I can't work out why they are in the wrong order. Mine always come out in the exact order in which I send them to the blog.

10:25 am  
Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

Wow, they certainly do seem to like their dragons and good and bad monsters stories up there in Qld ;) I do love a good night out with fireworks involved.

10:10 am  
Blogger ... Paige said...

Very neato-peato. Glad you had fun

12:58 am  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Too Cool!!!

7:47 pm  
Blogger DellaB said...

love the fireworks pics, thanks Tanya.
BTW - what camera did you end up getting? (I've been reading through your archives). I've just spent a whole day researching memory cards, what a nightmare!

10:36 am  
Blogger Kerri said...

Love that fireworks pic. Neat!

2:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home