15 October, 2005

Construction

Today I built a table and four chairs. Okay, it was flat-packed and I had to put it together. But that was a challenge in itself. Instructions are a pain to follow at the best of times, but when there are only pictures and no actual instruction - and the pictures are hand-drawn and not very clear - well, there lies the challenge. But it's done. And it looks good. And no-one will notice the mistakes (maybe until they put too much pressure - such as a backside - on the dodgy chair....).

I also finished the quilt top for my sisters' quilt. It looks really good (I think), though is still a bit small, so I'll have to sew in a couple of borders or something. Photos will follow some time.

I now have five canvasses to paint to hang on a bedroom wall.... Maybe I'll start that tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

And when you finish that how about replanting the garden, extending the house,learning to speak Swahili, training the next Melbourne Cup winner and knitting a jumper. Then you can have a cuppa and watch TV for a while before dinner.

8:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home