23 September, 2005

Camera vs Fridge


Well, forget the new camera, I need a new fridge. Okay, not quite. The Fridge Doctor was just here - and will be back tomorrow!! In the meantime, I have all of my perishable food in a broccoli box. On the positive side, this is a good opportunity to REALLY clean out the fridge and discover the unique ecosystem thriving at the back of it. Needless to say, many of these creatures are now on their way to landfill - container and all. Dr Fridge did say it was cheaper to repair the fridge than buy a new one, so the camera purchase may only be slightly delayed.

I almost bought a camera today, but berated myself just in time and decided to wait until I knew if I could afford it. I did have my heart set on a Canon S2IS, but am now looking at a Konica Minolta Dimage Z3. I want something with a sharp macro and big zoom. Any suggestions??

I think that pictures go a long way to making a blog great, so until I get myself a camera, I'll throw in images here and there from what I've already got stored on my computer. This picture is a view of Hydeaway Bay, a tiny bay that few people know about, just north of the Whitsunday area in Queensland. I spent many weeks here last year (at times more weeks that I cared to) doing fieldwork for my honours degree. The reef flat extends out about 200 metres in places and at high tide there were green turtles everywhere. No, I didn't do too badly for an honours project, I suppose.

Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me to Blogland :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Since you asked for suggestions about purchasing a digital camera, let me say I think ...... (Oh, what a laugh. As if I would know any more about cameras than you do dear. In fact, a whole lot less, as you well know.)

Glad the fridge repair doesn't seem to be toooooo expensive, and certainly cheaper than a new one.

5:30 pm  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

welcome to blog land! I found you through alice's blog.... keep it up, its fun

10:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home