06 December, 2005

Congratulations to me...

A Banyan fig in town. I've no good reason for posting it - I just like it!! Do I need a reason?

Well. After almost two months, I have been notified that I (unofficially) got the job. And my supervisor has known almost since the interview, but couldn't say anything. Actually, I don't know if I can say anything. But I no longer have to worry about it - though I had pretty much forgotten about it! But - and here's the real joy - it's a permanent job. So come January, I will eagerly join the hordes of men and women contributing to global warming by buying (or letting the bank buy) a car!! No more bicycle for me!!! Well, no more bicycle when I want to go to the rainforests or take a trip to the outback or down to the Whitsundays. And I can go grocery shopping and not limit myself to what I can carry on my handlebars (which means shopping twice each week). And I can go to a garage sale on the other side of town without worrying about dying of heatstroke on the way back. And no more will I have to tie a bookcase onto the back of my bike with occy straps and cycle home (yes, have done that too). But I will continue to cycle to work each day, promise. I now get to go through the pain of finding a car I want. Joy.
 Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Congratulations darling. So what will you be doing...the same as you are now? Same desk, same computer, etc? That's really good news and we are very happy for you. Does this mean you will have to live in Queensland forever?

7:35 pm  
Blogger jill said...

Congratulations! May the work be fun, the co-workers pleasant and the pay enough to sustain your habits. Oops, I meant to say hobbies. ;o)

11:41 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

well done sis

7:20 am  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Congratulations! Well done!

The picture of the Banyan fig is great! This tree is amazing!

6:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home