11 January, 2006

Is there something wrong with this picture?

Apart from the fact that the garage needs to be cleaned (more than I cleaned it yesterday) and I am a hoarder of junk. No? I'll give you a hint. THERE'S NO CAR IN IT!!!!!


It took the bank pretty much the whole day to issue the cheque. Three times they had to call Brisbane to get approval for the loan. And three times it was approved. I would have though once was enough. Maybe that's why I never succeeded in the financial world. The fact that I never tried is irrelevant. But I digress.

I had to take a tax invoice from the Public Trustee to the bank. Then I was told I needed proof of comprehensive insurance. I got that. Then I went back and signed eighty four thousand forms (okay, I exaggerate. It was surely only sixty three thousand forms). I then waited four hours for the final okay from Brisbane. Four hours. For the THIRD approval! Am I strange in thinking this is ridiculous? Anyway. Once I had the cheque I had to run back to the Public Trustee and pay them and get a receipt. Then I had to go to another insurer and get compulsory third party insurance (oh for the days - or the States - where that is just included in your registration). And by the time I had everything....

The yard where the car is was closed. Well, I had five minutes to get there. So I have car insurance for a car I don't actually have. I even had this insurance before I owned the car (my boss has been laughing hysterically at this fact). I just need to keep telling myself, "this is Queensland, this is Queensland." That seems to explain everything for me.

So now a workmate is going to pick me up at 8am tomorrow and drop me off at the car yard where I will take posession of MY CAR and drive it to the rego place where I will fork out another small fortune for registration and stamp duty (sigh), then the car will be ALL MINE, TOTALLY AND UTTERLY. I'll then drive to work... and won't be able to concentrate for the entire day because I'll just want to take my car somewhere.

Am I becoming a bit obsessive, I wonder? Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Looking forward to the same picture taken same time tomorrow!!!!

Drive carefully now!!!!

PS> What colour fluffy dice should I send you???

7:00 pm  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Hopefully the car lot personel aren't stuck down with bird flu and unable to open the lot. Just being a fatalist.

Turn the music up and go for a long drive in the country. Enjoy!

6:16 am  
Blogger Alice said...

If Michelle sends you fluffy dice of ANY colour, I will smack her.

10:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home