24 November, 2005

A masterpiece

Created by my beautiful neice, Shay. With assistance from my other beautiful neice, Zoe (who drew the hearts for Shay to paint, I am told). I have a room in my house that is rapidly (though unintentionally) becoming my purple room. But that's okay, it's my favourite colour. Shay was so clever to know that!!

I'm off now to go to dinner. Friends and I have decided to work through the alphabet of all the restaurants in town. Each letter represents a country. Sort of. Tonight is the first night - A for Africa. Now, I'm a little sceptical. Last time I was in Africa (in 1999), it appeared to be a continent of quite some size, with many different influences (not to mention being made up of dozens of countries). I don't expect it has changed greatly. So to incorporate all of these influences into one restaurant (and, let's face it: one restaurant in Townsville) should be interesting. However, I don't think there is an Austrian, Albanian, Algerian, Angolan or Afghani restaurant here - I ran out of countries starting with A off the top of my head. Oh, there is Antarctica - that's as much of a country as Africa is, though I don't really fancy penguin or krill tonight. We could go Asian (but would that mean we'd have to miss out on Thai? Coz I'm NOT doing that! We could do American - there's a McDonalds on every other corner... I'll let you know how it goes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Okay, before anyone says anything (mother), I realise I spelt nIece wrong. Twice. But it will take too long (and I'm not that patient) to fix. :)

6:28 pm  
Blogger Tanya said...

And that's an I between the N and the E, though it looks like an L. Maybe I'm just trying to make it look like I've got lots of comments.....

6:29 pm  
Blogger Alice said...

Am I really that pedantic, dear? So, does Townsville really have 26 restaurants? Hope you had a good dinner. What was it - Elephant Enciladas, Hotpot of Hippo, or Rhino Rissoles?

7:27 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Shay is very happy to see you like her painting!!!

3:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home