22 February, 2006

Thursday 13

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things about Water

At the time of posting this, it is almost Thursday. Can I get away with it??
My Thursday Thirteen is thirteen watery pictures I've taken over the past month (since I've had my car - woohoo!!). I couldn't get the formatting right because I am so computer inept, so you'll have to bear with me. The pictures are below. And, further adding to my ineptness, I've put the pictures in a collage. BUT. Going from left to right, starting at the top left picture:
-
1. Rocky Bay on Magnetic Island. This used to be MY BEACH. It was a 10 minute walk from my house down the cliff. Because it was so hard to get to, few people were there. If you decide to visit, keep in mind that this is (though unofficially) a "clothing optional" beach.
-
2. Townsville. This is taken coming back from Magnetic Island (8km offshore). That hill (Castle Hill) offers great views if you're insane enough to climb it in the heat.
-
3. Alva Beach. This is the Great Barrier Reef when the surf is up!! Many a surfer has cursed the coral reef (about 100km offshore) because of what it does to the waves. If the reef wasn't there, North Queensland would be one of the best surf places in the world (trust me: I did an Honours thesis on this!).
-
4. Ross Creek. In the middle of Townsville. Aren't you impressed that I managed to avoid focussing on the oil slicks??
-
5. Anderson Park, Townsville - this is meant to be a patch of grass. Hey, it's the WET season right now.
-
6. Town Common - Townsville. Again, see comment above.
-
7. Town Common - Townsville. These are wetlands that are meant to be there. Someone ought to tell the birds so there would be something to look at.....
-
8. Aplins Weir (Ross River) - Townsville. Did I mention we're in the middle of the wet season? This is the first flow over the top of the weir in over a year.
-
9. Mangroves! A tributary of Ross River. Townsville. Again. That is where I live....
-
10. Bushland Beach - north of Townsville. The waves at their usual height.
-
11. Little Crystal Creek, Paluma. Rainforests about an hour away. Very inviting!
-
12. Birthday Creek, Paluma. More yummy water. Don't know what that plant is, but it is legal.
-
13. Boats on Ross River. This was taken at sunrise one morning. That's about 5am here. Be impressed. I had to get up that early to take the picture. For you!
-
For any people wondering why I have 16 pictures up when it is only a Thursday Thirteen... look again. There are only 13 there. Anyway, enough ramble. Do the 13, leave a comment and I'll link you up.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. kimmy

2. mar

3. renee

4. lena

5. uisce

6. scouser

7. shelli

8. lazy daisy

9. chickadee

10. frog legs

11. better safe than sorry

12. norma

13. chloe

14. amanda

15. almost an angel

16. virenda

17. killired

18. wendywings

19. mentalexcrements

20. tutu

21. broken and repentant

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
-


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Posted by Picasa

21 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

I love the collage! Great pictures! They make me feel so calm and peaceful. Good thing, too. I need to go to bed!

My 13 are up!

3:59 pm  
Blogger mar said...

I love visiting other places through pictures and descriptions. Lovely TT. You did it very well! My TT is up.

5:20 pm  
Blogger Renee said...

Oh I soooo wanna come to visit your country. You take some very nice pictures.

my 13 are up too fefyfomanna: Thursday 13: School Daze

5:37 pm  
Blogger Lena said...

I absolutely love Boats on Ross River. Beautiful!

And I'm glad to see another TT early bird! ;)

6:35 pm  
Blogger Uisce said...

I like being near the water. We're going to South Florida next week -- hopefully we'll get to see the ocean! My 13 are up!

7:47 pm  
Blogger Scouser said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:29 pm  
Blogger Scouser said...

Nice pics. I do so love being around water. My 13 are up.
@Tanya: Yes if you ever get the chance you must visit Liverpool.

10:31 pm  
Blogger Shelli said...

Awesome. Thanks for sharing with us!My 13

11:19 pm  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

I love pictures! Thanks for the preview! Now I want to go to the beach! My T13 are up too!

11:41 pm  
Blogger Chickadee said...

Oh man, I am soooo jealous. Between having easy access to Lorikeets and gorgeous beaches and waterfalls, can I come live with you? :)

Thanks for visiting my 13.

http://www.danno.org/blogs

11:45 pm  
Blogger FrogLegs said...

Love the pictures- especially the falls!! :) Mine are up

11:48 pm  
Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry said...

i finally figured out how to look at them bigger, took me a bit, i'm not the best with the computer either. i love #5, it looks so exotic and #11 the best. they are all great shots!
i'm doing the tt today too.

12:23 am  
Blogger Norma said...

Very nice collage. And an interesting TT.

Thanks for stopping by my TT.

12:30 am  
Blogger Cary said...

Love the pictures!


Happy TT mine are up!

12:31 am  
Blogger Amanda said...

Beautiful photos. I live far, far away from any water...it seems so exotic! Thanks for visiting my 13.

1:39 am  
Blogger ladydaria said...

What an informative list and I love the photos. Happy TT!

Almost An Angel
http://daridonovan.net/blog/

1:44 am  
Blogger Virenda said...

Wow, can I just saw that those pictures, the whole collage is pretty darn impressive!

It's beautiful!!!

I haven't had a chance to visit any of these places, but they sure look amazing.

Townsville? Are you trying to protect the innocent or is that the real name?

If so, lol, it's the best name ever.

(Mine are done...)

4:08 am  
Blogger Killired said...

FINALLY got mine up!

Killired: Thursday 13

6:12 am  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Very Australian :)
Love the idea of a collage of pics.
I did a TT list but I shouldn't have bothered lol.

7:43 am  
Blogger Denise said...

Great collage!

Happy Thursday!

My 13 are up.

9:10 am  
Blogger Ma said...

Great pictures! Nice scenery in all of them. Good job.
Thanks for stopping by my place.

My 13

5:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home